Hidden Gems




Preparing for another shoot concept, we decided we were going to highlight jewelry rather than go with full wardrobe. When I walked into this garden secretly tucked away in a small shop in Adams Morgan I was overwhelmed. There were all types of jewelry arranged from the Early Renaissance to the Egyptian Revival with authentic African and Aztec gold pieces in between. I will say I was stuck at first because I did not know what direction I was going to take in pulling pieces. Was I matching pieces correctly? Would I overlook a great piece? Am I creating looks to the fullest of their potential? Eventually I calmed down and got to work. 
Aside from that, my favorite part of this boutique was a glass case filled with designer pieces. I'm talking Karl , Christian Dior, Yves Saint Laurent, Elizabeth Taylor.... I asked the owner and great spirit .... "Where  do you find all these pieces?". She replied " Rich old women's closet's".
Where is this place exactly? I'm not telling but I hope you enjoyed the splendor. Behind the scenes of the shoot are coming soon.
Signed KOP





 











0 comments:

Post a Comment