Things Don't Always Go As Planned

Monday was supposed to be the dual day. I had too shoots lined up and I was so excited because we had two great locations. I was extra proud of myself because one of the locations I booked myself. All was dandy until we found out our number one choice for the wardrobe pull fell through due to a miscommunication mishap. No problem, we move on. Then I misplaced my debit card, which is basically any stylists key to the showroom, so I could not pull from the second boutique. Now we are without wardrobe for the first shoot so we have to cancel and reschedule. I was really disappointed but it is not the end of the world. The show goes on. 
That afternoon we start prep for the second shoot. The hair stylists assistant doesn't show up so now she is behind schedule. We have model's hair to style and less than two hours till the schedule time for the shoot to begin. So for the day I throw on another hat and play stylist assistant for the day. I'm washing heads, blowing out hair, straightening, and removing pin curls. In between we get word that the nail artist fell through as well but Camille Davis comes through with an entire nail kit ready to manicure the models. Since when do creative director's do nails? When they're dedicated to their client and the outcome of the project. On double crunch time we made it work and had an awesome shoot at the amazing Carriage House Studios with photographer Steve Bennett. The shoot we canceled will be happening this upcoming Monday willingly. Team work definitely makes the dream work and I'm happy we made things work despite the adversity. What the day definitely solidified was my desire to attend cosmetology school. I really liked being behind chair. Hmmmmm
Signed KOP


 















1 comments: