posh picks | SPRING/SUMMER 2014 FASHION TREND REPORT

HAPPY MONDAY!!!
Spring has officially sprung and despite the unpredictable weather we've been experiencing in New York City, I think it is still time to start updating our spring wardrobes. I am always excited about this time of year because I feel like fashion rises again after being drowned for months under layers of coats. There are a few styles trending that I think you should keep in mind while doing you're spring/summer wish list. I am sure they are easy to find and also attainable at all price points. Although I may not wear some of these picks personally, as a stylist I have learned how to create the best versions of any style to give my client what best suits them. I played around with a few different style types. 


1. Posh Pastels


After reviewing the Spring/Summer 2014 runway shows it is safe to say  pastels is the biggest trend this season overall. I think adding pastel colors to your wardrobe is the perfect way to freshen up your look and step away from the winter's dullness. I recommend experimenting with color blocking or accenting an achromatic color with one pastel color. Pastel colors look great on all skin tones and add a posh touch to almost anything. Pastels may be the only color family I will venture out of black and white for. I used a spring coat in this look which is also trending and can come in handy on those cooler spring days.

2.Fiesty Florals



I do not like flowers and I do not like floral prints. I don't know where my dislike for flowers comes from but I do know that I think floral prints are rather busy and tends to look immature on anyone over the age of sixteen. Never the less floral was all over the runways. I will say I have learned not to entirely hate it when the print has only a few distinct and vibrant colors, like in the crop top shown above. The piece looks clean and can be worked well with other pieces without clashing. When using floral it all depends on how risky your style taste is. If you like to keeps things more classic, minimal, or chic try just adding a floral bag or shoe to a solid color look. If you are an eclectic I am sure you would love playing around with neons and other bright colors. You might even wear floral on top of floral. People have also been straying away from denim and wearing trousers for a couple of seasons now and it seems to be sticking around for Spring 2014 as well. Choosing a nice pair of tailored slacks adds a touch of sophistication to an outfit without taking much time or effort. 

2. King Monokrome




OF COURSE I HAD TO SAVE THIS ONE FOR LAST. Building monochrome looks with black and white is definitely in this season and I am in full support. You will always have a clean look with black and white. The color combo works well with any season and is appropriate for day or night. If you want to feel like you are still achieving warm weather looks despite the lack of color, look for pieces made of linen, silk, and mesh. These fabrics will keep you cool as the temperature rises while giving you that effortless and relaxed summer style.

I have decided to start developing look boards more often so more posh picks are on the way! Let me know if there is a particular trend or item you would like to see me style and I will create a board and post it here. Have a great week guys!!!!
Signed KOP



0 comments:

Post a Comment