Posh Picks | FALL 2013 FASHION TREND REPORT


A few leaves have fallen and we've seen a few chilly days. Fall will officially be here at the beginning of next week. I've finally started the tiresome task of switching my wardrobe from summer to autumn appropriate clothing. I must admit I was very excited when I began pulling out all my hats, scarves, and blazers. I get to be so much more creative with layering and all the rich tones associated with this season. If figured some of you are in the process of bringing out your fall clothes as well as shopping for new things to add to your wardrobe so I thought it would be helpful to put together a mini trend report for Fall 2013. I noticed a lot of trend patterns on the runway and although you may not want to look like a runway wannabe you might like to incorporate some of these trends with your personal style. A lot of this stuff is recycled so I am quite positive you have things like them in your closet already. Honesty moment....I don't really find as much inspiration on the runways as I do with everyday street style but as a person working in the fashion industry and in a creative field IT IS A MUST that I keep up to tempo with fashion trend reporting. Any who I hope this post is hopeful and don't be afraid to comment! Don't forget to subscribe!!






1. The Wild Side







I love animal print but it can go from trendy to tacky very easily so it has to be executed with finesse. I recommend using it as as accent, like say with a bag, fashion scarf, or shoe. If you are bold enough to wear an animal print top,bottom, or jacket mellow the look out with very basic combining pieces. Also modern cuts will be probably be more flattering so that you don't look like an 80's pop reject.


2. PUNK'D






In the 90's Punk culture was definitely a big thing that spread from the UK to the US and affected fashion, music, and society views. One major stamp of that era was the tartan print that was traditionally worn by the Scottish but then became commonly worn by Punks to symbolize their new generation and disconnect from traditional values. This 90'S trend definitely made its mark on the Fall runways. I love Tartan print because depending on how you dress it can give more of a prep or punk feel. I was giving real ghetto goth with this one. Will you be channeling your inner "Clash"? And if you don't know who The Clash is.....look it up lol.


3. Color Correct






A major part of fashion is color and just like the garment trends change by type, they also change by color too.  Pantone is a company that creates, chooses and labels colors so that they are recognizable to you and I. Each season they forecast what they believe to be the top colors that season. You will notice most designer's collections are a reflection of that report. I am in love with this Fall's report because it incorporates some of my favorite summer colors with traditional fall colors, giving a very festive blend.  Look out for these colors when purchasing. They will definitely add some life to your wardrobe in the colder months.



4. White Out 



No white after Labor Day? That is officially a fashion rule that has been laid to rest. If you are wondering why, I really can't tell you. I never really listened to the rule in the first place. White in the winter looks so pristine but just be careful you are wearing your white look to a place where it may return a entirely different color. Adding one bright accent color can break up the monotony of the look. Dress it up or dress it down, white is always a  show stopper.



5. Pet Peeve 

 This is definitely a  repeat trend. Fur and leather have been on the top of the trend list for about three years now. It's so funny because I use to be so against both of these things growing up and now I love both. The  only difference this season is we are taking it a step up. Instead of just leather accents on garments or topping off a look with a classic leather jacket you will now see tops and bottoms made of leather as well. The furs are becoming more colorful, textured, and varying by length and style. I absolutely love the look of rabbit fur and this is a FAUX vest in ZARA that I am dying to get. I am not too for against animal rights but if you are one of those people who fight for animal cruelty rights fear not, the fashion gawds have not forsaken you. There will be plenty of faux fur and leather around so you achieve the look. If you are on a budget this is a great option for you too.

This brings us to the end of this PSA. Mix, match, HAVE FUN! Fashion does not have to be as serious as people make it. Express your self this fall and enjoy doing it. I'll be posting some of my look of the days incorporating these trends so keep on the look out for that. Happy hunting ladies....Hmmm maybe one I day I'll start styling the gents.
Signed KOP

FYI
I created all of these style boards myself on polyvore

0 comments:

Post a Comment